Phoenix Drunk Driving Lawyer
Drunk Driving Accidents
Drinking and driving can lead to terrible consequences. For those who choose to do this, they run the risk of injuring not only themselves, but also other people. If you find yourself involved in a car accident with a drunk driver, you need an experienced drunk driving lawyer on your side. By doing this, you can rest assured your case will be resolved in a timely and effective manner.
[four_links_widget header=”How Can We Help You?” subheader=”Information Resources” menu=”71″]
Injured by a Drunk Driver?
Being injured by a drunk driver is an unfortunate circumstance to find yourself in. Recovering from such an accident can take days, months or possibly even years. In fact, your recovery may be a lifelong process. You need to let a professional personal injury lawyer handle your case so that you can focus on getting better. A personal injury lawyer has the knowledge it takes to get your case resolved. He or she knows the ins-and-outs of personal injury law, enabling you to obtain all compensation that is due to you.
Seeking Damages from Insurance
You should never speak with an insurance adjuster yourself. You need to allow a drunk driving lawyer to do this for you. By doing so, you can receive the highest amount of compensation that you are owed. Be aware that insurance adjusters know how to negotiate in a way that it seems they are giving you what you are owed, but in reality, much of the time, they actually owe you more. Don’t fall victim to them. Instead, ask a personal injury lawyer to do the negotiating for you. No matter the injury that you sustained through a drunk-driving accident, there is a good chance an experienced personal injury lawyer will be able to give you an estimate as to how much the injury is worth. The lawyer will also be able to take relevant factors into consideration; therefore, allowing him or her to provide you with an even more accurate amount as to how much you are owed.
Prepared To Go To Court
One of the best reasons to hire a drunk driving accident lawyer is that he or she will be ready to take your case to court if need be. Such instances in which taking a case to court may be necessary are if insurance companies won’t come to some type of reasonable compensation agreement. Insurance companies know that personal injury lawyers know the ins-and-outs of personal injury law, meaning if you have an attorney on your side, insurance adjusters will be more likely to offer you a reasonable amount.
If you are faced with a situation where someone who’s impaired is trying to drive, here are some tips on how to stop them:
- Be as non-confrontational as possible.
- Suggest alternate transportation — a cab, a sober driver, public transportation.
- Remember that the person you are talking to is impaired — talk a bit more slowly and explain things more fully than if you were speaking to a sober person.
- Explain that you don’t want them to drive because you care and you don’t want them to hurt themselves or others.
- Suggest that they sleep over.
- Enlist a friend to help you or to act as moral support — it’s more difficult to say “no” to two people than one.
- If possible, get the person’s keys. It is far easier to persuade the potential driver when you hold this leverage.
- If all else fails, call law enforcement. It’s better to have a friend arrested than injured or killed.